[News] [Rival] Microsoft Totally Controls PCs with Windows Installed

Microsoft installs surprise windows updates

,----[ Quote ]
| SOFTWARE GIANT Microsoft has been installing updates against the wishes of
| users who have set up their computers to stop them deploying patches without
| permission.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1406091/microsoft-installs-surprise-windows-updates

Recent:

Recent:Microsoft accused of hacking in piracy clampdown

,----[ Quote ]
| Across China thousands of computer screens are turning dark. The reason is a
| piece of software from a US firm.
|
| Software giant Microsoft is deactivating unauthorised copies of its Windows
| operating system, in a nation where 82% of all software is pirated – even if
| many end users do not know it.
`----

http://technology.newscientist.com/channel/tech/electronic-threats/dn15009-microsoft-accused-of-hacking-in-piracy-clampdown.html

Chinese fume at Microsoft anti-piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| China's vocal bloggers seemed stunned that their computers seemed to have
| phoned Microsoft for the anti-piracy tool without asking.
|
| "The computer is mine", one angry blogger penned, "Microsoft has no right to
| control my hardware without my agreement", the poor fool thought.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/22/chinese-fume-microsoft-anti

Chinese copyright cops diss Windows Nagware

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, vice-director of China's National Copyright Administration, Yan Xiaohong
| has cast aired doubts over Microsoft tactics.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/28/chinese-copyright-cops-diss

Microsoft faces second 'black screen' lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| A second Chinese man has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft demanding it
| remove a notice from his computer accusing him of using illegally copied
| software.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/28/ms_wga_china/

Microsoft sued in China for black screen of death

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/10/22/china_fury_microsoft_wga/