[News] Desire for GNU/Linux in Austrian Schools

AT: Vienna to teach its public servants about open source desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| In an emailed statement, Marie Ringler, local Green Party councillor involved
| in the proposal, said: "If we want to switch to GNU/Linux and other open
| source applications, we should take the fears and concerns of our users
| seriously. Future open source users should be better informed."
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/at-vienna-to-teach-its-public-servants-about-open-source-desktop

Recent:

Austrian Linux for the Administrator

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Austrian-Linux-for-the-Administrator--/news/112125

Austrian Linux for the Administrator

,----[ Quote ]
| The grml Linux Live CD is now available as Version 2008.11, codenamed
| Schluchtenscheisser. gmrl contains a collection of software that has proved
| invaluable to administrators and console users for some time now. Thanks to
| its numerous drivers, it is able to recognise a whole host of network and
| Wifi cards. The grml developers have included several of their own scripts
| and utils, for zsh and for network configuration, to make life easier for
| users of the Debian unstable distribution.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Austrian-Linux-for-the-Administrator--/news/112125

AT: Education ministry supports GNU/Linux distribution for schools

,----[ Quote ]
| With support from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Arts and
| Culture (BMUKK), the third edition of a special version of a GNU/Linux
| distribution for schools has just been published.
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/at-education-ministry-supports-gnu-linux-distribution-for-schools

AT: Vienna's City Leaders Keep Open Source Study Results Under Wraps

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/at-viennas-city-leaders-keep-open-source-study-results-under-wraps