[News] Eclipse Programming Will Benefit from Galileo

Eclipse Galileo: The release train leaves the station

,----[ Quote ]
| Milinkovich said "When it was just the IDE, things were simpler". The first
| named release train of Eclipse, released in 2006, was Callisto which
| incorporated ten projects. The Galileo release train incorporates thirty
| three projects, with ten new projects added since last years Ganymede
| release, over 24 million lines of code in total.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Eclipse-Galileo-The-release-train-leaves-the-station--/news/113605

Eclipse Galileo Releases 33 Open Source Projects

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eclipse Foundation is today making its biggest release of the year,
| highlighting open source projects created using the Eclipse development
| platform. Its new Galileo release -- the latest in the group's
| annual "release train" roundup -- includes 33 open source projects that were
| built with contributions from 44 different organizations.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3826721/

Recent:

Poll: 90 per cent are satisfied with the Eclipse development environment

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eclipse Foundation has published the results of the global Eclipse
| Community Survey 2009 in The Open Source Developer Report[icon:pdf]. The
| Foundation held the survey from mid-April to mid-May in order to get
| developer feedback on the tools and software that they use. The organisation
| wanted to learn how the respondents used open source software and how they
| interacted with the Eclipse community. Nearly 1,500 participants took part in
| the Foundation poll, of which 27.8 per cent were from Germany, followed by
| 15.7 per cent from the United States. Only 0.6 per cent of participants were
| from the United Kingdom. Approximately 80 per cent of the respondents worked
| for companies that are not members of an open source consortium.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/139603

Eclipse Survey: Linux More Popular as Deployment Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| More tellingly, Linux is now the leading deployment platform at 43 percent
| and Windows has dropped to 41 percent among Eclipse users surveyed.
`----

https://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/article/eclipse-survey-linux-more-popular-deployment-platform

Eclipse survey results show growth in Linux, open source

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eclipse Foundation has published the findings of its latest user survey.
| According to the results, the number of developers using Eclipse on Linux
| workstations and deploying their applications on Linux servers has increased.
| The results also show an increase in the number of respondents who say that
| their companies are contributing to open source software.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/05/eclipse-survey-results-show-growth-in-linux-open-source.ars

GNU/Linux Eclipses Windows – for Eclipse Users

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2222&blogid=14