[News] Fedora/Red Hat Spins an Advantage Over Competition, Virtualisation Also

Fedora's All Spins Zone

,----[ Quote ]
| To my knowledge, Fedora is the only project or distribution that offers the
| wide variety of live CDs profiling multiple applications and covering
| multiple versions.
|
| Grab yourself a Spin, take it for a spin and tell me what you think of it.

Open Source: The future of virtualisation

,----[ Quote ]
| RED HAT ELIMINATES VIRTUALISATION BARRIERS
| With Red Hat’s Enterprise Virtualisation, businesses can realise improved
| operational efficiency without changing the application environment. A server
| virtualised withRed Hat Linux 5 can run existing Windows or Red Hat operating
| systems as virtual guests, preserving existing hardware and software, while
| reducing downtime and deployment costs. For IT administrators, this also
| means tighter server consolidation, simplified system management and
| ultimately, enhanced performance.
`----

http://www.futuregov.net/articles/2009/jun/24/open-source-future-virtualisation/

Recent:

Red Hat plans more hiring after adding 600 employees

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite the worst recession in decades, Linux giant Red Hat added 600
| employees to its rolls during the 12 months that ended Feb. 28, and the
| Raleigh company anticipates more hiring going forward, according to a filing
| Wednesday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
`----

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2009/04/27/daily51.html

Argentina Mulls Open-Source Move

,----[ Quote ]