[News] New PHP Release, Qt Programming in Interview, SourceForge Awards

PHP 5.2.10 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Less than one week after the second release candidate was made available, the
| PHP developers have announced the final release of version of PHP 5.2.10.
| Version 5.2.10 of the open source scripting language is a maintenance release
| for the 5.2 development branch and features over 100 bug fixes, including a
| fix for a security issue that affected exif_read_data () segfaults on certain
| corrupted .jpeg files.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/140785/from/rss09

Nokia’s Qt and the Open Road to Code

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source Magazine talks exclusively to Benoit Schillings, Chief
| Technologist for Nokia’s Qt Software (originally Trolltech) to get an insight
| into the strategic development of the company’s open approach to its cross
| platform application framework.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/node/1008690//print

SourceForge Announces Finalists of Fourth Annual Community Choice Awards

,----[ Quote ]
| "The open source community submitted more than 47,000 nominations, almost
| doubling the submissions received in 2008," said Ross Turk, director of
| community at SourceForge. "The support and enthusiasm people have shown for
| these open source projects proves that the spirit of community and
| collaboration is alive and well."
`----

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/06-22-2009/0005048358&EDATE=

Recent:

Deploying PHP Across Windows and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The popular scripting language has become more versatile than ever before.
| Today, it's not just the domain of Linux and Apache fans, even Windows users
| can enjoy its benefits. Here, we compare it on three platforms.
`----

http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/Developer/2009/109050103.asp

Zend Technologies Readies a New PHP Application Server

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/162303/zend_technologies_readies_a_new_php_application_server.html?tk=rss_news