[News] Many More Free Software Events Are Coming

2009 Open World Forum

,----[ Quote ]
| The 2009 Open World Forum (OWF) will take place on the 1st and 2nd of October
| at the Eurosite George V convention centre in Paris. The banner for the forum
| is "FLOSS: AT THE HEART OF THE DIGITAL RECOVERY" and it promotes free, libre
| and open source software (FLOSS) as a path to economic regrowth.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/2009-Open-World-Forum--/news/113581

OW2 Consortium Showcases Open Source Enterprise Solutions at LinuxTag 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| The OW2 Consortium is hosting the "Enterprise Development" track for the
| first time at LinuxTag, Europe's leading conference and exhibition for Linux
| and open source software. The all-day track is set to demonstrate the
| maturity of open source software for entreprise information systems.

EcoTuesday event, June 23rd The role of "open source" technology in global
sustainability

,----[ Quote ]
| Scott will talk about 'The Role of Open Source Technology in Sustainability'
| at EcoTuesday, an event which usually draws between 80 and 100 participants
| each month.
`----

http://www.examiner.com/x-4846-SF-Green-Business-Examiner~y2009m6d22-EcoTuesday-event-June-23rd--The-role-of-open-source-technology-in--global-sustainability

Recent:

Portland downloads two new open source conventions

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source Bridge plans a loose "unconference" format, Eschright said, in
| hopes of bringing together developers from a variety of specialties.
|
| "We wanted people that work with different technologies to talk to each
| other," said Eschright, one of 30 volunteers staging the conference.
`----

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2009/06/first_of_two_new_tech_conferen.html

OpenSource World announces keynote speakers

,----[ Quote ]
| IDG World Expo has announced speakers for its inaugural OpenSource World 2009
| show (formerly LinuxWorld) on Aug. 12-13 in San Francisco. California
| Secretary of State Debra Bowen will keynote the conference, which will
| feature presentations on Linux desktops, netbooks, Android, mobile devices,
| enterprise, security, troubleshooting, and numerous "cloud" topics.

World's Biggest Open-Source Event Announced

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://business.newsfactor.com/news/World-s-Biggest-Open-Source-Event/story.xhtml?story_id=033000KRX2HC