[News] More New Devices Run Linux

Panel PC uses "two Watt" x86 SoC

,----[ Quote ]
| Icop announced a panel PC that runs Linux on the company's own 32-bit,
| x86-compatible SoC (system on chip). The PDX-089T has a 8.9-inch touchscreen
| display, 256MB of RAM, CompactFlash Type I/II and microSD storage, plus a
| Mini PCI slot, the company says.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5694385386.html?kc=rss

Network security appliances use Atom N270

,----[ Quote ]
| AR Infotek didn't specify which Linux distros the Teak 3030, 3031, and 3035L
| are designed to run. However, the company says the devices come with Linux
| drivers that support their system status LEDs, watchdog timers, LAN bypass,
| and push-button shutdown functionality.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6477924892.html?kc=rss

Recent:

Chip vendor spins multi-core networking security stack

,----[ Quote ]
| Freescale Semiconductor announced the availability of Linux-ready embedded
| software that provides security and networking functionality tailored for its
| multi-core, PowerPC-based QorIQ and PowerQUICC system-on-chips (SoCs).
| The "production-ready, application-level" Vortiqa software provides a base
| platform for developing firewall, IPSec-VPN, IPS, anti-virus, and anti-spam
| software, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8911165686.html?kc=rss

Embedded Linux at 10; How’s its Mojo?