[News] Ubuntu Releases New Newsletter, Partners Noted

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 147

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 147 for the week June 15th -
| June 21st, 2009. In this issue we cover Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase
| competition, 3 New Members of the Americas Region Membership Board, Bootchart
| testing for UNR, Empathy to replace Pidgin in Karmic Koala, Ubuntu Global Jam
| 2nd - 4th October 2009, New freenode webchat (and why to use it), Ubuntu
| Stats, In the Press & Blogosphere, Upcoming Meetings & Events, Updates &
| Security, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue147

Canonical’s Four Most Critical Ubuntu Partners

,----[ Quote ]
| 2. Dell: Sure, niche PC suppliers like System76 and ZaReason deserve major
| applause for shipping quality Ubuntu systems. But Dell’s decision to offer
| Ubuntu on selected desktops and laptops in mid-2007 was a tipping point for
| Canonical’s move into mainstream computing.
|
| More recently, Dell has added Ubuntu Netbooks to its product mix.
|
| Is Dell a perfect Ubuntu partner? Certainly not. International readers often
| complain to The VAR Guy that Dell Ubuntu systems are not available in their
| countries.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/06/22/canonicals-four-most-critical-ubuntu-partners/

Recent:

Linux s'il vous plaît: French Gendarmie say oui to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The Gendarmie Nationale – France’s national police force – has been slowly
| introducing open source software to its 105,000+ policemen since 2005. In
| 2008 the decision was made to use only Ubuntu for all new workstations. A
| year on shows this has been a great success with happy users, a better
| network and cost savings of over seven million euro per year.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/23763/1143/

French Lawmakers Hope to Inspire Linux Revolution

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/french-lawmakers-hope-to-inspire-linux-revolution/