[News] Great New Reviews of Mandriva 2009.1

Mandriva 2009.1 Spring n compaq presario 3225AU

,----[ Quote ]
| Sound is working fine, even the special key’s are working fine. DivX format
| worked fine, had to install xine, which is available on the DVD.
|
| Over all looks like a cool Distro.
`----

http://fossist.net/?p=478

Mandriva Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Stability: 5/5 – When a live cd performs like a hard drive install
| that’s ’nuff said.
|
| Simplicity: 4/5 – Centralized configuration simplifies things a lot. However,
I had to shy away from a 5 because of all the options in the beginning

| Speed: 4/5 – Bootup time was a wee bit slow but nothing to sweat over.
`----

http://distroviews.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/mandriva-review/

Mandriva 2009 Spring: Quick review

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, I consider Mandriva to be the best of the RPM based distributions
| at the moment. The only difficulty I had was installing the nVidia driver,
| and even that was easily fixed. It’s faster than openSuse, and it’s
| configuration center is better layed out than Yast. Fedora looks good, is
| fast, but suffers from an limited installer, and some weird dependency
| issues. If you want RPM, go Mandriva.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2009/06/21/mandriva-2009-spring-quick-review/

Recent:

Mandriva 2009.1 Spring shows a lot of promise

,----[ Quote ]
| So if you are looking for some distro hopping I can warmly recommend to give
| the latest Mandriva a whirl - especially if you are looking for a KDE4 based
| solution, but their Gnome offer totally fine as well. You just might end up
| liking it.
`----

http://www.bitburners.com/articles/mandriva-20091-spring-shows-a-lot-of-promise/4421/

Review - Mandriva 2009.1 (KDE edition)

,----[ Quote ]
| But could I use it full time? Almost certainly yes, and if I wasn’t very tied
| to Gnome and the Gnome libraries and applications then I’d consider making
| the switch.
`----

http://teknostatik.co.uk/?p=611

Mandriva 2009.1