[News] Gentoo Comes to LinuxTag 2009, Meeting with Developer Markos Chandras

Gentoo at LinuxTag 2009 in Berlin

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxTag 2009 runs from June 24th to June 27th in Berlin, Germany. With
| almost 12,000 visitors last year, it is one of the biggest Linux and open
| source events in Europe.
`----

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20090619-linuxtag.xml

Podcast 57 Gentoo Developer Markos Chandras (hwoarang)

,----[ Quote ]
| In this episode I interview Markos Chandras (hwoarang) Gentoo Developer.
| Markos is a busy man, he helps out with Qt, kde, sunrise, sound, and the
| kernel. If you have any questions, you can reach me at david at linuxcrazy
| dot com, or on freenode irc, channel #linuxcrazy.
`----

http://linuxcrazy.com/?q=node/69

"There’s no company called Linux,
there’s barely a Linux road map. Yet Linux
sort of springs organically from
the earth. And it had, you know, the
characteristics of communism that
people love so very, very much about it.
That is, it’s free."

                                           --Steve Ballmer

"Thanks to Mr. Gates, we now know that
an open Internet with protocols anyone
can implement is communism; it was set
up by that famous communist agent, the
US Department of Defense."

                                          --Richard Stallman

Recent:

Thoughts from a two-day-old Gentoo newbie

,----[ Quote ]
| Gentoo to me is easy and simple to use, just as the many distributions follow
| the holy philosophy, KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid), but this is actual one.
| With Gentoo (after newbie phase), you control and know stuff well. The
| package management and system administrate management are also easy to use.
| Every distribution has own pros and cons, no one is perfect in all aspects.
| But there may be one is perfect for you, and I just found mine. I believe as
| long as you pay a little more efforts, you can transform Gentoo into an eagle
| and command it to fly.
`----

http://fedoratux.blogspot.com/2009/04/thoughts-from-two-day-old-gentoo-newbie.html

Podcast 56 Gentoo Developer Joshua Jackson (tsunam)

,----[ Quote ]

http://linuxcrazy.com/?q=node/68