[News] RedMonk Shows Drupal Goods, Linux Magazine on Parrot's Importance

Acquia Search screencast with RedMonk

,----[ Quote ]
| In this screencast, Bryan House from Acquia discusses Acquia Search with
| Michael Coté from RedMonk.
`----

http://buytaert.net/acquia-search-screencast-with-redmonk

Why Parrot is Important

,----[ Quote ]
| If you look back over the history of programming languages, surprisingly few
| new features have been added in the past four decades. Even the most exciting
| features of modern dynamic languages existed in early languages such as Lisp
| and Smalltalk. Certainly, the features have been combined in different ways,
| and there’s progress in the implementation details or interface, but truly
| new ideas are in short supply.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7373/

Recent:

MIT Media Lab using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| After CSAIL started using Drupal (the group where Tim-Berners Lee works), the
| MIT Media Lab also switched to Drupal. Check out there Drupal site at
| http://media.mit.edu. As a former academic and a long term admirer of the MIT
| Media Lab, I think that is just really cool!
`----

http://buytaert.net/mit-media-lab-using-drupal

Drupal 7 testing: status update and next steps

,----[ Quote ]
| The first version of Drupal's automated test framework was developed in 2004
| by Moshe Weitzman. It started as a simple wrapper around the SimpleTest unit
| testing framework. Later, Thomas Ilsche and Rok Zlender extended it as part
| of the Google Summer of Code projects of 2005 and 2006. NowPublic and others
| continued to sponsor Rok's work into 2008. Today, Jimmy Berry is the
| principal contributor of the Drupal test framework, as well as the main
| developer and maintainer of Drupal.org's automated test infrastructure.
| Behind the scenes, Kieran Lal was instrumental in helping to ensure our test
| framework received financial support, project management, hardware resources,
| and server administrators.
`----

http://buytaert.net/drupal-7-testing-status-update-and-next-steps

Drupal 7: next steps for usability

,----[ Quote ]
| Improving the usability of Drupal is very important. Yesterday, I wrote about
| the progress that was made on Drupal 7 usability -- the community has made a
| ton of incremental improvements, while Mark and Leisa have been preparing
| mockups and wireframes that provide significant over-arching improvements to
| Drupal's ease of use. Combined, I believe these efforts could make Drupal 7 a
| great release. A release that the Drupal project needs since our competitors
| are catching up in terms of functionality and flexibility. Likewise we need
| to catch up in terms of design and usability. It is my belief that we can
| develop a user experience for our project that is game changing, and that
| completely resets people's expectations both for Drupal and our competitors.
`----

http://buytaert.net/drupal-7-next-steps-for-usability

Using Drupal Content Management System: Open Source Drupal CMS

,----[ Quote ]
| Using Drupal is easy if you have a video tutorial from which to learn. Drupal
| is an open source CMS (content management system), which can be sued to
| create websites, blogs, social networking sites and so on. In fact there is
| virtually no limit to what you can be using Drupal for, and it’s free.
`----

http://elitestv.com/pub/2009/06/using-drupal-content-management-system-open-source-drupal-cms

Open-source Drupal turns pro

,----[ Quote ]
| The standard Drupal core already has decent management, but several Acquia
| network modules, installed during setup, take administration a few steps
| further. These enable your Acquia Drupal installation to communicate securely
| with the Acquia Network and exchange configuration, operation, and profile
| information.
|
| A big part of what you're paying for with Acquia Drupal is support; the
| portal offers a simple way to log support incidents and track your tickets.
| During my testing, Acquia did meet the specified response deadline — and
| resolved my questions satisfactorily.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0AA6687FABA84484CC2574E7007C3ECA

SourceForge using Drupal