[News] Bordeaux 1.8 for GNU/Linux is Out, GNU/Linux Runs Windows Applications Too

  • Subject: [News] Bordeaux 1.8 for GNU/Linux is Out, GNU/Linux Runs Windows Applications Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:04:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bordeaux 1.8 for Linux Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Steven Edwards of the Bordeaux Technology Group released Bordeaux 1.8 today.
| Bordeaux 1.8 has had many changes on the back end. The build process has been
| totally rewritten, packaging has been totally rewritten, the .sh installer is
| terminal based now and the dependency for pygtk and pango has been removed,
| the .sh installer will now run on any supported platform Linux, BSD, Solaris
| and Mac. Our winetricks script has been synced to the latest official
| release, Steam should now install and run, There has also been many small bug
| fixes and tweaks.
`----

http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/press-release/bordeaux-1.8

How To Run Windows Apps In Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Wine is an open source project that, on the face of it, seems to offer
| something wondrous: the ability to run Windows applications under Linux (or
| any other open source OS). It does this by attempting to recreate the Windows
| API layer in open source.
|
| Finally! A chance to run those Windows programs for which there are no open
| source analogs: Quicken, or Flash CS. And all those games!
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/linuxline/167037/how_to_run_windows_apps_in_linux.html

Linux runs Windows applications and Windows won't run Linux applications. So
which is the more powerful platform?

         “Wine is a better Windows than Vista”

                        --David Gerard

Recent:

Ulteo expands open source virtual desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Ulteo is out with a new release of its open virtual desktop (OVD) today that
| now enables Windows as well as Linux applications.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/04/ulteo-expands-open-source-virt.html

5 Easy Wine Front-ends for Linux

,----[ Quote ]