[News] SCO's Destiny Remains Uncertain

SCO's Proposed Buyer and Mail Issues

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols on ComputerWorld on SCO rising from the
| dead. We'll see. I'd describe it more like keeping the patient on life
| support, while hoping for a cure. The plan hasn't been approved yet, y'all.
|
| [...]
|
| So is Unix heading to Iraq? Google is your friend. Nothing SCO does surprises
| me any more, though, not even yesterday's events. In fact, privately I
| predicted to several Groklaw folks that this is more or less the kind of
| thing I thought they'd try. SCO never gives up. The judge seemed surprised,
| calling it a Perry Mason moment. But that's because he doesn't know SCO like
| we do.

SCO vs. Linux: New investor rescues SCO from bankruptcy

,----[ Quote ]
| In yet another bizarre twist in the interminable legal dispute over source
| code allegedly illegally copied from UNIX System V into Linux, the SCO Group,
| which claims ownership of the disputed code, has secured a last-gasp reprieve
| from the threat of liquidation. Immediately before the crucial liquidation
| hearing in the bankruptcy court, SCO CEO Darl McBride signed an agreement
| with a company by the name of Gulf Capital Partners, backed by well-known
| investor Stephen Norris. Caught out by the surprise development, all parties
| have agreed to postpone the liquidation hearing until the 16th or the 27th of
| July.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/SCO-vs-Linux-New-investor-rescues-SCO-from-bankruptcy--/news/113540

SCO Group strikes deal just before bankruptcy hearing

,----[ Quote ]
| The SCO Group lives.
|
| Facing life or death, officers of the embattled Utah software company signed
| a deal Monday just before walking into a federal bankruptcy courtroom for a
| hearing on motions to liquidate it. Instead, they proposed selling off the
| company's Unix business to a London-based firm, while keeping its licensing
| claims that are part of high-profile lawsuits involving IBM, Novell and other
| companies.
|
| The SCO Group also would retain its mobile application business, an area
| where it sees big potential growth.
|
| "We signed that deal just minutes before the court hearing, and walked in and
| handed it to them, " said Darl McBride, CEO of Lindon-based SCO.
`----

http://www.sltrib.com/technology/ci_12595750

Last Minute Filings in SCO Bankruptcy - Hearing Later Today - Update: 1st word;
2nd Update

After the Hearing: Reports From Our Eyewitnesses - Updated

,----[ Quote ]
| So, the bottom line of the day is that the proposed sale to
| Gulf-Cap-whatever-their-name-really-turns-out-to-be (see previous article)
| will have a hearing on July 16, as Webster earlier reported. So we will no
| doubt get to see the proposed agreement filed, and then objections, the usual
| song and dance. So, bottom line? Delay, delay, delay. It's too bad SCO can't
| package it up and sell delay. They'd make a fortune. It is what they are best
| at, I'd say.

After the Hearing: Reports From Our Eyewitnesses

SCO Does It, Quite Frankly, As Usual

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/sco-does-it-quite-frankly-usual