[News] WA Today Covers and Advocates Free Software Twice

Welcome to the low-cost world of open source

,----[ Quote ]
| "It's amazingly easy to start," he says. "You just need to get onto the
| internet. A great example is clarkconnect.com, a site from a Linux
| distributor that is designed to help people who don't know what they're doing
| set up open source."
`----

http://www.watoday.com.au/technology/biz-tech/welcome-to-the-lowcost-world-of-open-source-20090615-c9dp.html

A downloading guide for freeloaders

,----[ Quote ]
| "The cost of the Microsoft Office suite is prohibitive, so we chose
| OpenOffice and it does everything we need," Mr Waite says. "It's saved us
| about 18,000 ($A38,000). I just wish we'd deployed more open source software
| from the outset."
`----

http://www.watoday.com.au/technology/biz-tech/a-downloading-guide-for-freeloaders-20090615-c9lp.html

The computer helper: Going open source - Feature

,----[ Quote ]
| In tough economic times, there's a good reason to start exploring open source
| software: it's free. But that's not the only reason. The fact is, the open
| source software movement - which seeks revenue in ways other than through
| selling software to the general public - has resulted in so many
| first-quality applications that you could conceivably outfit an entire PC
| without ever spending any money at all. Read on for some ideas.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/273166,the-computer-helper-going-open-source--feature.html

Recent:

Securing your organisation with open source

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=4441