[News] Archos Laptop Comes with GNU/Linux Preloaded

Archos 10 Ubuntu with 500GB hard disk and 2GB RAM released!

,----[ Quote ]
| This is pretty awesome. Archos releases the Archos 10 Ubuntu edition, with a
| 500GB hard drive, 2GB RAM and a 6-cell battery built-in. Running Ubuntu 9.04.
| All for not much more than the Archos 10 with Windows XP, 160GB and 1GB of
| RAM: available for 375€ at french retailer Surcouf.
`----

http://archosfans.com/2009/06/15/archos-10-ubuntu-with-500gb-hard-disk-and-2gb-ram-released/

DIY Netbook Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| There are a variety of netbook distros out there, but you can have a little
| fun creating your own. Here are some software packages and tips worth
| considering:
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/166887/diy_netbook_linux.html

Recent:

Archos to announce Android device next month?

,----[ Quote ]
| So Archos will apparently be announcing something on June 11th in Paris and
| the general consensus is that it’ll probably be the Internet Media Tablet
| with voice support running Android that was announced back in early February.
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/05/18/archos-to-announce-android-device-next-month/

Archos intends to develop an Android Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| Archos, the French manufacturer of multimedia tablets, has announced plans
| for a portable media device that will run Googles open source Android
| operating system. The Archos Internet Media Tablet (IMT) is to be a
| multimedia player with Smartphone capabilities.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/132455

Archos 605 WiFi Linux hack

,----[ Quote ]