[News] K Desktop Environment Turns Social, Introduction to Étoilé

Social Desktop Contest

,----[ Quote ]
| Today we are launching the Social Desktop Contest. As you know the idea of
| the Social Desktop is to connect online webservices with desktop
| applications. We give away great prices to developers who help making this
| vision reality.
|
| The Open Collaboration Services API has gotten many new features in the past
| few months and is now stable. The first features will ship with KDE 4.3, but
| this is only the beginning. Now that the infrastructure is in place we think
| that it is a good time to open up the development to more developers.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/06/17/social-desktop-contest

Make Your Computer Desktop Do Your Bidding With Étoilé

,----[ Quote ]
| Typical Linux desktop options like KDE and GNOME  limit the way computer
| users interact with the applications and programs on their systems. There's
| not much to do beyond opening and closing an app, and moving or resizing a
| window. The development team behind Étoilé is building a desktop interface
| that aims to stand that idea on its head and let users create workflows that
| work best for them.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/make-your-computer-desktop-do-your-bidding-with-etoile

Related:

Étoilé 0.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Étoilé project is pleased to announce the release of version 0.2 of the
| Étoilé User Environment for UNIX-like systems. The Étoilé project aims to
| produce a user environment for desktop and small form-factor devices, with
| tight integration between components. The 0.2 release is primarily targeted
| at developers interested in a GNUstep-based environment.
`----

http://www.etoile-project.org/etoile/mediawiki/index.php?title=0.2_Release_Announcement

Etoile Live CD 0.2-RC1 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The Etoile project has released version 0.2 RC1 of their live CD. The Etoile
| project aims to produce a document-centric desktop and post-desktop
| environment. The project is built on top of GNUstep, a high-quality Free
| Software implementation of the OpenStep specification from Sun and NeXT and
| popularised by Apple as Cocoa.
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9862.phtml

Summary of the Etoile conference, 28th of April 2007

,----[ Quote ]
`----

https://mail.gna.org/public/etoile-dev/2007-04/msg00019.html#content