Re: [News] Firefox 3.5 Hits RC in 2 Days, Magnolia 4.1 (CMS) Arrives

  • Subject: Re: [News] Firefox 3.5 Hits RC in 2 Days, Magnolia 4.1 (CMS) Arrives
  • From: Attila <jdkaye10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:07:14 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

http://ostatic.com/blog/firefox-3-5-rc1-slated-for-friday-many-new-features

http://ostatic.com/blog/magnolia-4-1-content-manager-arrives-with-pre-built-templates

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2009/05/25/visual-polish-in-the-firefox-35-themes/

> Mozilla hangs fire on Firefox 3.5 till June
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A limited number of release candidates for Firefox 3.5 will be released
> | before the final version of the software comes out, probably in around
> | "two to three" months, Mozilla evangelist Chris Blizzard posted last
> | Friday.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/17/firefox3_5_browser/
There's still a fair bit of work to be done. I've been using the 3.5 Preview
and now the 3.5 RC and it is indeed faster. You can notice that. The
remaining problem is the extensions. There are still a number of pretty
important ones that are not yet compatible with 3.5. User Agent Switcher,
DictionarySearch and Page Speed, are three that come to mind. I guess
they'll be ready by the time 3.5 goes official. Other than that, I'm quite
pleased.
Attila