[News] Mozilla's Asa: "I think that Theora+Vorbis absolutely trounces H.263+MP3"

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla's Asa: "I think that Theora+Vorbis absolutely trounces H.263+MP3"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:49:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

theora video vs. h264

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that Theora+Vorbis absolutely trounces H.263+MP3 and I don't think
| there's even a question of which kind of artifacts you prefer. Theora+Vorbis
| is just plain better than the majority of what YouTube and many other Flash
| video sites have been serving to users for years.
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2009/06/theora_video_vs.html

Recent:

Video

,----[ Quote ]
| The video element is used to embed video content in an HTML or XHTML
| document.  The video element was added as part of HTML 5.
`----

http://developer.mozilla.org/En/HTML/Element/Video

Firefox to Support Open Video Format in Next Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Blizzard reports from this week’s Mozilla Summit: Firefox will natively
| support the Ogg Theora video format!
`----

http://internet.boredblogs.net/?p=2363

two cool things: ogg support in mozilla and canvas for IE

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=492

Theora Video Backend for Firefox Landed

,----[ Quote ]
`----