[News] Good Experiences and Reviews of Fedora 11

Fedora 11 mini-review

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, Fedora 11 is a great upgrade. There are lots of changes "under
| the hood" for those (like me) who are interested in such things. General
| users will notice a few cosmetic changes going from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11,
| especially when booting. For example: Under Fedora 10, graphical boot had
| just been re-written and didn't work everywhere, so most systems booted in a
| sort of text-mode interface. But with Fedora 11, graphical boot now supports
| almost all video cards, so looks much better.
`----

http://linuxinexile.blogspot.com/2009/06/fedora-11-mini-review.html

The Three Faces of Fedora 11, Part 1: GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| But having said this, I can now safely proclaim that this latest release is
nothing short of remarkable.
`----

http://larrythefreesoftwareguy.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/the-three-faces-of-fedora-11-part-1-gnome/

Two hours (and counting) with an upgrade to Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, I must admit that I am happy I took the leap to upgrade. It has
| been almost a week now since I did the upgrade and everything is working
| great with minimal fuss beyond the first two hours from the upgrade until I
| had X configured properly. If you are using Fedora 10, Fedora 11 is a welcome
| upgrade, and I look forward to spending more time over the next few weeks
| figuring out what else is new and interesting. If you have not given Fedora a
| serious look in a while, I would encourage at least downloading the Live CD
| and giving it a try — you may find it a pleasant surprise.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=686

Fedora 11 Leonidas bleeds

,----[ Quote ]
| So who should use Fedora? As a bleeding edge and short life cycle
| distribution, it is hardy the ideal server environment. It offers a very nice
| desktop environment, but requires a bit more manual tuning than some of the
| competition. Performance wise it is very typical, with similar system
| resource consumption that Ubuntu and others. FOSS purists will enjoy the fact
| that no proprietary code is included. Overall I would recommend Fedora to
| someone who has already learned the basics of Linux and can do a bit of work
| on the command line. The relation to RedHad is a terrific asset for anyone
| interested in learning Linux for a professional career, as RedHat / CentOS
| has a lot of commercial and corporate users. If you are looking for the quick
| jump from Windows to Linux, you should probably look elsewhere.
`----

http://www.bitburners.com/articles/fedora-11-leonidas-bleeds/4432/

Increase the booting speed of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Initng is a full replacement of the old and in many ways deprecated sysvinit
| tool. It is designed with speed in mind, doing as much as possible
| asynchronously. In other words: It will boot your unix-system much faster,
| and give you more control and statistics over your system.
`----

http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/2009/06/increase-booting-speed-of-fedora.html

Recent:

Fedora 11's Biggest Improvements Are in Virtualization, eWEEK Labs Finds

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 11 provides a sneak peak at what's coming in the more staid and stable
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux. During tests, eWEEK Labs found that the biggest
| improvements in Fedora 11 come in the area of virtualization, although Fedora
| still lags systems from VMware in functionality and polish. Fedora will also
| serve well in desktop roles, but will need more care and feeding than other
| desktop Linux distros.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Fedora-11s-Biggest-Improvements-Are-In-Virtualization-eWEEK-Labs-Finds-301190/

Linux & Open Source: Labs Gallery: Fedora 11 Shows Significant Virtualization
Gains

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 11, the latest release of Red Hat's community-oriented Linux OS, can
| serve in a full gamut of Linux roles on the server and desktop. And, as
| usual, Fedora 11 gives users of Red Hat Enterprise Linux an early look at
| what's to come in their operating system of choice. In my review of Fedora
| 11, I took note of the distribution's improvements around virtualization,
| where Fedora boasts improved facilities for creating, accessing and managing
| virtual machines across multiple hosts.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Labs-Gallery-Fedora-11-Shows-Significant-Virtualization-Gains-490080/

Fedora is concerned about Mono