[News] Fedora 11 Liked by Reviewer (Very Extensive Review)

Fedora 11 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| For those who have seen my past reviews, you've probably already figured out
| that I don't even bother to write a review unless there is something
| spectacular or culture changing to write about. This review of Fedora 11 is
| not an exception.
|
| Before I continue, I think it's important to put things in proper context, so
| for those not familiar with the Fedora Project I'll give a brief rundown. The
| Fedora project is partially funded, in various ways, by Red Hat and produces
| the core of what eventually ends up as the Redhat Enterprise Linux operating
| system. In fact, Fedora was previously known as "Fedora Core".
|
| [...]
|
| In the past I would have never recommended Fedora for someone new to Linux.
| Fedora 11 is a different story entirely. Fedora 11 is easy to use, fast, rock
| solid, and loaded with features others just don't have. If you happen to have
| a slow Internet connection or service where you pay based upon bandwidth
| usage, it's currently the most reasonable choice available...at least until
| others can adapt the Presto technology into their package management systems.
`----

http://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Review-Fedora_11_page1

First Look: Fedora 11

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-Fedora-11-114043.shtml

Recent:

Red Hat goes one louder with Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux distributor Red Hat and its affiliated Fedora Project, which creates
| the development release that eventually becomes Red Hat's commercially
| supported Enterprise Linux distro, have gone one louder this morning with the
| release of Fedora 11.
|
| The new release has incremental improvements to lots of features, much as
| prior Linuxes have had, and the fact that there are no earth-shattering
| feature changes is really a testament to the fact that the Linux kernel and
| its related systems software and application stack (yes, I know Linux is not
| an operating system, strictly speaking, but to some ways of thinking, neither
| is Windows) has become a mature and credible alternative to Windows and Unix.
| Even on laptops and desktops.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/09/redhat_fedora_11/

Fedora 11 Drives Evolution Of Open Source Computing

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project, a Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT - News) sponsored and
| community-supported open source collaboration project, today announced the
| availability of Fedora 11, the latest version of its free open source
| operating system. The community's eleventh release includes the broadest
| feature set to date, spotlights developments in software management and
| sound, improves key virtualization components and introduces Fedora
| Community, a portal project beta.
`----

http://www.redhat.com/about/news/prarchive/2009/fedora11.html

Release Notes for Fedora 11

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11/en-US/

Fedora 11: Leonidas is Hardly a Spartan Linux

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3824021/Fedora+11+Leonidas+is+Hardly+a+Spartan+Linux.htm

Another 100,000+ week for Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 10 has been gaining new users at impressive rates.  This past week
| alone Fedora 10 has picked up over 100,000 more.
`----

http://californiaquantum.wordpress.com/2009/03/10/another-100000-week-for-fedora-10/

Red Hat Fedora Claims It's the Leader in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3786726/Red+Hat+Fedora+Claims+Its+the+Leader+in+Linux.htm