[News] Palm's Linux (Smart)Phone Gets More Great Reviews

Palm Pre Is Beautiful to See and Use, Says eWEEK Labs

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Palm-Pre-Is-Beautiful-To-Look-At-and-Use-Says-eWEEK-Labs-269046/

Palm's Linux phone "exceptional," says reviewer

,----[ Quote ]
| The reviews appear to be largely positive for the Palm Pre, with eWEEK
| lauding its "exceptional design, aesthetics and usability." Both the
| smartphone and the Linux-based WebOS stack live up to their billing for ease
| of use, but battery life is a problem, says eWEEK.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3895563838.html?kc=rss

Ars Reviews the Palm Pre, part 1: the BlackBerry killer

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of the gadget press is obsessing over whether the Palm Pre is an iPhone
| killer, but they're asking the wrong question. We've been testing one for the
| past few days, and it's clear to us that the real target of Palm's new phone
| is the BlackBerry. Here's how Palm will use the webOS to tackle the
| enterprise market.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2009/06/ars-reviews-the-palm-pre-part-1-the-blackberry-killer.ars

Palm Pre runs Doom, smartphone-loving space marines rejoice

,----[ Quote ]
| If you were holding off on buying a Pre until it had some great games, start
| warming up that credit card. We knew homebrewers were already at work and one
| of those, a bloke who goes by the name Sargun, has managed to get the iconic
| Doom running on the phone -- or the open-source PRDoom, anyway, which is
| close enough for us.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/12/palm-pre-runs-doom-smartphone-loving-space-marines-rejoyce/

My top 5 wish list for the Palm Pre

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10262767-1.html

Is our love for Palm clouding our Pre judgement?

http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=1406

Palm Centro and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The verdict is... It works BEAUTIFULLY. The 650 would usually hang up and not
| always finish the sync. The Centro usually thoroughly syncs. Also, the 650
| would not always sync. It only seemed to want to sync when there was new
| information. The Centro will sync every time you hit the button.
`----

http://www.lawofficelinux.com/2009/06/palm-centro-and-linux.html

Recent:

Palm Pre

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm impressed. There's a few rough edges and some obvious short-term hacks,
| but overall the Pre has the appearance of being a well-engineered
| distribution. It's recognisably Linux in a way the Android isn't. Since it
| seems to be possible to gain root by entering the developer mode, I suspect
| that modifying the firmware image isn't especially difficult. It'll be
| interesting to see what happens when GSM ones appear.
`----

http://mjg59.livejournal.com/111453.html

Palm Pre breaks Sprint sales records

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wall Street Journal cites one such analyst who pegs the sales figures at
| somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 units sold. Meanwhile, a J.P. Morgan
| report estimates more than 50,000 units were punted in the first two days.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/09/palm_pre_debut_sales_speculation/

Palm's Linux smartphone debuts

,----[ Quote ]