[News] Video Demo of Fedora 11, Features Roundup

Screencast: Virtual Machine Manager, Fedora 11 Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been doing quite a few Fedora 11 installs on various hardware in
| preparation for the review of I'm working on but I wanted to give a short
| glimpse of KVM in Fedora 11 with the Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager).
| I also show MontanaLinux (a Fedora 11 remix), some of the new features in
| Fedora 11 and some additional software.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/kvm-virt-manager-fedora11-preview.html

What's new in Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Desktop effects with NVIDIA graphics cards still, therefore, require NVIDIA's
| proprietary driver. As this is not available under an open source license, it
| is not included in Fedora, which restricts itself to open source software
| only. Likewise AMD's proprietary graphics driver ("Catalyst" or "fglrx"), the
| latest version 9.5 released in May, also happens to be incompatible with the
| Linux kernel version 2.6.29 used in Fedora 11.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/What-s-new-in-Fedora-11--/features/113509

Recent:

Fedora 11 Is Here [with Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| After a two-week delay, the Fedora Project team finally announced, two
| minutes ago, the release of Fedora 11, also known as Leonidas. The multitude
| of new features and improvements in this new version made the waiting time
| seem even longer, especially for dedicated fans. Well, at least the buzz from
| Ubuntu and Mandriva is slowly fading away, so Linux users can concentrate
| better on Fedora 11.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fedora-11-Is-Here-113707.shtml

Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 11 was released earlier this week so we have set out to see how its
| desktop performance compares to that of Ubuntu 9.04, which was released back
| in April. Using the Phoronix Test Suite we compared these two leading Linux
| distributions in tasks like code compilation, Apache web server performance,
| audio/video encoding, multi-processing, ray-tracing, computational biology,
| various disk tasks, graphics manipulation, encryption, chess AI, image
| conversion, database, and other tests.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora11_ubuntu904_perf&num=1

Fedora 11 and Ext4: The Straight Bits