[News] Big Plans Ahead for the Linux Foundation's New Site

Looking at the Linux.com Roadmap

,----[ Quote ]
| Meanwhile, I'm looking at what's coming up on the features roadmap, and I'm
| pretty excited. We'll soon be making it easier to submit articles to all
| parts of Linux.com (and awarding of serious Guru points for doing so).We will
| also be working on building a more centralized directory of software,
| hardware, and distributions.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/168-brian-proffitt/18907-looking-at-the-linuxcom-roadmap

Recent:

The New Linux.com: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, Linux.com is a great resource for the Linux community. It
| connects people, it spreads information about upcoming events, and provides
| information from all aspects of the Linux world
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2009/05/17/the-new-linux-com-a-review/

Linux Foundation has bought Linux.com

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has long wanted the Linux.com domain name for obvious
| reasons. For a long time SourceForge, formerly VA Linux Systems, kept the
| site, but the company has now sold Linux.com to the Foundation.
|
| Sources close to the deal say that the deal was made because, -- an all too
| familiar story these days -- the company needed the money. SourceForge, had,
| in addition to its well-known open-source eponymous code Web site, been in
| the media business. In December 2008, however, the company laid off the bulk
| of its NewsForge editorial staff. NewsForge was hosted at Linux.com. The
| Linux.com site then became something of a placeholder site, which held only a
| discussion forum.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/linux_foundation_has_bought_linux_com

The Linux Foundation Unveils and Re-Launches Linux.com

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/the-linux-foundation-unveils-and-re-launches-linux-com