[News] Fair Use Under Attack, Pirate Party Seeks Change

Can Scraping Non-Infringing Content Become Copyright Infringement... Because Of
How Scrapers Work?

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this year, we couldn't figure out how Facebook's lawsuit against
| Power.com made any sense. Power.com tried to aggregate various social
| networking accounts in a single place, so you could manage them all at once
| through a single interface. Yet Facebook charged the company with all sorts
| of complaints, including copyright and trademark infringement, unlawful
| competition and violation of the computer fraud and abuse act.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090605/2228205147.shtml

What do the EU results and Pirate Party mean for digital rights?

,----[ Quote ]
| Stand back from the media frenzy concentrating on Labour’s woes for a moment,
| and ask yourself what these elections mean for digital rights.
|
| Several parties that broadly supported digital rights concerns did well in
| this election, including, in the UK, UKIP and the Greens. The Liberal
| Democrats also had a fair showing.
`----

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2009/06/what-do-the-eu-results-and-pirate-party-mean-for-digital-rights/

Pirate Party is not about breaking the law. They just mock the MAFIAA meme used
to daemonise everyone ("pirate").

Recent:

The Pirate Party

,----[ Quote ]