[News] Free Software Expands to New Areas

Open Source sensing initiative launched

,----[ Quote ]
| A new open source-style project to promote Open Source Sensing has been
| started, with the goal of bringing the benefits of a bottom-up, decentralized
| approach to sensing for security and environmental purposes.
`----

http://www.ciol.com/Developer/Open-Source/News-Reports/Open-Source-sensing-initiative-launched/10609120785/0/

Building native mobile applications with open source mobile platforms

,----[ Quote ]
| Three open source products are aiming to reduce the barrier to entry for
| customers wishing to build native mobile applications using Web development
| skills alone. These products are PhoneGap, Rhomobile, and Appcelerator's
| Titanium Mobile.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/building-native-mobile-applications-open-source-mobile-platforms-735

Introducing Gloss

,----[ Quote ]
| Everyone knows Pygame is a super-fast way to produce cross-platform games.
| But its one major flaw is that it's very slow to do simple operations such as
| scaling, rotating and recoloring. In fact, even making extensive use of
| transparency can be a bit slow, so I've produced a new graphics toolkit that
| makes all those things extremely fast, and I've called it Gloss.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/introducing-gloss

Recent:

Brazil is aggressively expanding their Telecentro program, community free
software workshops and technology education

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.northxsouth.com/2009/05/18/brazil-is-aggressively-expanding-their-telecentro-program-community-free-software-workshops-and-technology-education/