[News] Lots of New Drivers of Linux, Improvements Made

Ubuntu 9.04: New Intel Graphics Drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| There is hope for Ubuntu users with Intel graphics. As it appears, the
| current 2D drivers solve most of the recent graphics problems with Intel
| chips, according to Ubuntu developer Bryce Harrington in a developer mailing
| list. Jaunty users should profit it from them as well.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/ubuntu_9_04_new_intel_graphics_drivers

ffA releases SEA 3D Pro for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| On June 12, Foster Findlay Associates (ffA) plans to release SEA 3D Pro
| 2009.1, the latest version of its desktop 3D seismic analysis and volume
| interpretation software, on the Linux platform.
`----

http://www.offshore-mag.com/index/article-display/2804008583/s-articles/s-offshore/s-geology-geophysics/s-north-sea-northwest-europe/s-ffa-releases_sea_3d.html

DisplayLink Linux Driver Continues To Mature

,----[ Quote ]
| It was just one week ago that there was an update released to the DisplayLink
| X.Org driver and its kernel frame-buffer module, but there is now yet another
| update available. This time around the xf86-video-displaylink driver is at
| version 0.3 and it adds preliminary support for RandR and eliminates its
| ShadowFB support.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzMyMA

Recent:

Driving the Linux drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| Before closing though let me say that this is not just a Linux problem. I,
| and many others, have endless troubles with multi-function devices on Macs
| and Windows PCs. In particular, I've found that a machine which will work
| great with one version of Windows will have fits with another version and
| I've found the same thing with Macs operating systems. Regardless of your
| operating system, we could really use better device support all-around from
| the vendors.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/driving_the_linux_drivers

Linux Driver Project Status Report as of June 2009

http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/linux_driver_project_status-2009-06.html

Why do Open-Licensed drivers matter?

,----[ Quote ]
`----