[News] Rumour: Sony to Make Linux-powered Walkman

Sony building Android-based Walkman and PND for 2010 launch?

,----[ Quote ]
| We'll admit it, we expected to be knee-deep in Android gear by now. However,
| it seems like the consumer electronics industry wanted to build more mature
| products around versions 1.5 and 2.0 of Google's open source OS instead.
| Regardless, we're in the thick of it now having just witnessed a deluge of
| Android-based smartbooks / netbooks (expected before October) at Computex and
| Google's own announcement that at least 18 new Android handsets will launch
| this year.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/08/sony-building-android-based-walkman-and-pnd-for-2010-launch/

Recent:

ony Ericsson Inches Closer To Android Phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever since Sony Ericsson joined the Open Handset Alliance, Android fans have
| been wondering when the company would release a smartphone with the
| Google-backed operating system. An executive gave some more details Friday
| indicating fans may not have to wait too much longer.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/smartphones/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217600670&subSection=Operating+Systems

Taming a power-sucking Linux TV

,----[ Quote ]
| The EPA may re-consider its exemption of "Data Acquisition Mode" (DAM) states
| from the sleep-mode requirements associated with its Energy Star ratings. So
| it told noted cryptographer Martin Hellman, who informed the EPA his
| Linux-based Sony HDTV consumed 150 times its advertised standby power budget.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3462011464.html?kc=rss

Linux device links TVs to Internet videos

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8497272379.html?kc=rss