[News] Fedora 11 Released, Massive Reception Seen

Red Hat goes one louder with Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux distributor Red Hat and its affiliated Fedora Project, which creates
| the development release that eventually becomes Red Hat's commercially
| supported Enterprise Linux distro, have gone one louder this morning with the
| release of Fedora 11.
|
| The new release has incremental improvements to lots of features, much as
| prior Linuxes have had, and the fact that there are no earth-shattering
| feature changes is really a testament to the fact that the Linux kernel and
| its related systems software and application stack (yes, I know Linux is not
| an operating system, strictly speaking, but to some ways of thinking, neither
| is Windows) has become a mature and credible alternative to Windows and Unix.
| Even on laptops and desktops.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/09/redhat_fedora_11/

Fedora 11 Drives Evolution Of Open Source Computing

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project, a Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT - News) sponsored and
| community-supported open source collaboration project, today announced the
| availability of Fedora 11, the latest version of its free open source
| operating system. The community's eleventh release includes the broadest
| feature set to date, spotlights developments in software management and
| sound, improves key virtualization components and introduces Fedora
| Community, a portal project beta.
`----

http://www.redhat.com/about/news/prarchive/2009/fedora11.html

Release Notes for Fedora 11

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11/en-US/

Fedora 11: Leonidas is Hardly a Spartan Linux

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3824021/Fedora+11+Leonidas+is+Hardly+a+Spartan+Linux.htm

Recent:

Another 100,000+ week for Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 10 has been gaining new users at impressive rates.  This past week
| alone Fedora 10 has picked up over 100,000 more.
`----

http://californiaquantum.wordpress.com/2009/03/10/another-100000-week-for-fedora-10/

Red Hat Fedora Claims It's the Leader in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3786726/Red+Hat+Fedora+Claims+Its+the+Leader+in+Linux.htm