[News] KDE4 Widgets Earn praise and Kdenlive Gets Primer

10 KDE 4 desktop widgets to make you more productive

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’ve taken a look at KDE 4, you will have noticed significant changes to
| the desktop. Many people feel these changes have made the KDE desktop less
| usable. By default, I would say that is certainly the case. But with KDE 4
| comes one addition to the desktop that helps it out significantly: widgets —
| tiny applications that reside on the desktop and serve one or more functions.
| Most new KDE 4 users have yet to experience what these widgets have to offer.
| But if you’re not taking advantage of these added tools, you’re not getting
| the full KDE 4 experience.
|
| Quite a few widgets are available for the KDE 4 desktop. Some serve little to
| no function. Others, however, can make your day-to-day computing life much
| easier. Here are 10 widgets that will make you more productive.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/10things/?p=784

Editing Videos With Kdenlive

,----[ Quote ]
| This is only a brief introduction to a powerful video editing tool. While it
| is still under heavy development and far from perfect, it looks like a very
| promising video editing application. The Kdenlive site has documentation,
| video tutorials and an active forum if you want to learn more. I have found
| that nothing beats hands-on experience. Make a few test videos and learn all
| of the features, and after you have mastered them, you can begin creating
| your future award-winning productions.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/editing-videos-with-kdenlive/2009/06/08

I used KDE4 today and loved it.

Recent:

8 KDE 4 Distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| There are many KDE distributions, but some have refused to move to KDE 4 and
| have stayed with KDE 3.5 instead like Mepis, Sidux and Slax. Here is a list
| of KDE 4 distributions to help distro-hoppers with their searching...
`----

http://repasik.com/home/2009/05/04/8-kde-4-distros/

First view of KDE's Social Desktop

,----[ Quote ]