Re: [News] MAFIAA Sued (Directly) for $5 Million, by Cher

Verily I say unto thee, that Peter Köhlmann spake thusly:

>> Or that tight arsed free loaders should get other peoples efforts
>> for free when those people are professionals trying to earn money
>> from their efforts.
>
> Like MS?

Yes, where did MS get their TCP/IP stack from again?

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

How about their first (and every subsequent) Windows UI?

Let's not forget Billy Gates' dumpster diving for /other people's/ "IP".
Did he ever compensate those people for "all their hard work", I wonder?

In fact, Gates' whole rotten empire is founded on the work of /others'/
that he embraced, extended and extinguished over the years, resulting in
one big plagiarised portfolio. But then we're not allowed to talk about
that, because that'd upset Microsoft's biggest fan, Hardon (or actually
the second biggest, after Miguel de Icaza).

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 02:58:51 up 10 days,  6:56,  3 users,  load average: 5.79, 6.28, 6.68