[News] Linux Spreads Rapidly Under Google's Brand (Android)

Android invades more netbooks, smartphones, and -- Moblin?

,----[ Quote ]
| At this week's Computex show, Intel demonstrated Moblin running Android apps
| in a simulator. Meanwhile, Android phones were confirmed by Acer and
| Garmin-Asus, Acer announced an Android version of its Aspire One netbook
| (pictured), and Asus provided a brief glimpse of an Android netbook, reports
| say.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9314113479.html?kc=rss

Anyone for an Open Source Donut?

,----[ Quote ]
| Hot on the heels of Android 1.5, Google has demonstrated Android 2.0 in San
| Francisco. So what can we expect from the next generation open source
| smartphone OS and when can we expect it?
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/25508/53/

Hypervisor spins virtual Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Kernel Labs (OK Labs) is shipping an Android version of its
| Linux-compatible OKL4 hypervisor. "OK:Android" is an off-the-shelf,
| paravirtualized version of Android that enables Android to run as a guest
| operating system (OS) in a secure "hypercell" alongside another phone OS,
| says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7323406111.html?kc=rss

Recent:

Google Android Evolves From 'Cupcake' To 'Donut'

,----[ Quote ]
| Even though Google Android users have yet to receive the "Cupcake" update
| that will deliver Android 1.5 to their devices, Google is already hinting at
| the operating system update's successor: "Donut."
|
| Donut, also known as Android 2.0, made its debut during a keynote speech at
| the Google I/O conference this week. Android Interface Toolkit Engineer
| Romain Guy gave attendees a sneak peek at three big advancements in the open
| source mobile operating system, which will be a part of Android 2.0,
| codenamed Donut.
`----

http://www.crn.com/mobile/217700776;jsessionid=TRX25UALNZFXKQSNDLRSKH0CJUNN2JVN

Why Android Could Be Headed for the Laundry Room

,----[ Quote ]
| The most enthusiastic for Android was Sehat Sutardja, the chief executive of
| the Marvell Technology Group, which makes processor chips for phones as well
| as other gadgets, including a new $99 computer the size of a cellphone
| charger.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/why-android-could-be-headed-for-the-laundry-room/

T-Mobile to Launch Many Android Devices Later This Year

,----[ Quote ]
| T-Mobile USA is looking to introduce Android-based devices from three
| different manufacturers, Cole Brodman, chief technology officer of the
| company, said in a conversation with me earlier today. Android is a mobile OS
| developed by Mountain View, Calif.-based technology giant, Google.
`----

http://gigaom.com/2009/05/08/t-mobile-to-launch-many-android-devices-later-this-year/

World first Android Netbook- Skytone Alpha680

,----[ Quote ]
| Great netbook with the latest emerging software system. This is how the
| Skytone Alpha680 the Netbook based on Android performs. These are some of the
| typical applications we run on Alpha680. there are a lot more applications to
| come.
`----

http://asuseeehacks.blogspot.com/2009/05/world-first-android-netbook-skytone.html

The Android Netbooks Cometh