[News] Gentoo GNU/Linux Looking Strong

Gentoo dying? [Of course NOT]

,----[ Quote ]
| As the CIA.vc stats show, Gentoo is far from dead, whatever anyone else may
| claim.
`----

http://ben.liveforge.org/2009/06/04/gentoo-dying

Win7 versus Gentoo, round 2 [quick grub install for gentoo users]

,----[ Quote ]
| After getting past that…  I downloaded the right CD image, but I to find a
| CD-R to burn it to.  Finding a CD-R is not as easy as it once was, granted I
| could have used a DVD-R to burn the 80MB file, but that seemed like a waste.
| Anyways, once you have the right CD, here is a quick guide as to restore the
| MBR (all the steps were taken from the Gentoo Linux Handbook, pages 4, 6,
| 10).
`----

http://jonhatalla.com/?p=10

Recent:

Adventures in Benchmarking - Part 4 : (Re)constructing an Environment

,----[ Quote ]
| No, what I had to do was ‘remaster’ an existing Live-CD. I’d take the base
| environment, strip out the bits I wasn’t going to use, add in my benchmarking
| software, and recompile. Now, this has always been something users have
| wanted to do with Linux distributions, and it is possible. Some distros like
| Gentoo even trade on the fact that they allow this (ironically I later found
| out that the Phoronix beta Live-CD is built from Gentoo).
`----

http://up-stream.co.uk/2009/05/adventures-in-benchmarking-part-4-reconstructing-an-environment/

Thoughts from a two-day-old Gentoo newbie

,----[ Quote ]
| Gentoo to me is easy and simple to use, just as the many distributions follow
| the holy philosophy, KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid), but this is actual one.
| With Gentoo (after newbie phase), you control and know stuff well. The
| package management and system administrate management are also easy to use.
| Every distribution has own pros and cons, no one is perfect in all aspects.
| But there may be one is perfect for you, and I just found mine. I believe as
| long as you pay a little more efforts, you can transform Gentoo into an eagle
| and command it to fly.
`----

http://fedoratux.blogspot.com/2009/04/thoughts-from-two-day-old-gentoo-newbie.html

Using Gentoo Linux in K-12 School’s Computer Lab

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.telephone-numbers-uk.com/using-gentoo-linux-in-k-12-schools-computer-lab.html