[News] Enlightenment Reaches Major Milestone: Version 1.0.0

Enlightenment E16 Reaches Version 1.0.0

,----[ Quote ]
| While Enlightenment E17 is still undergoing development, the Enlightenment
| E16 window manager has finally reached version 1.0.0. As Kim Woelders points
| out in the 1.0.0 release announcement, there are not any fundamental changes
| since version 0.16.8.15, but it just felt like it was time this X window
| manager reached the 1.0 status.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzMwNQ

Recent:

Get to know Linux: Enlightenment E17

,----[ Quote ]
| I have been recently covering various Linux desktops. So far you can read
| about Fluxbox, Xfce 4, Window Maker, and IceWM. I also touched on creating
| dropshadows with xcompmgr and transparent windows with transset. If you have
| been reading me long enough, then you know my favorite Linux desktop is the
| Enlightenment desktop. I have been using this desktop for quite some time and
| have never felt it lacked for anything in the desktop space.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/05/14/get-to-know-linux-enlightenment-e17/

7 E17 Linux & BSD Distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 is not the only desktop environment which provides a sleek eye candy
| experience. E17 still remains to be one of the only Desktop
| Environments/Window Manager, which provides a speedy and visually pleasing
| experience. There are some Linux and BSD distros which use E17 to provide an
| attractive and speedy operating system, where many seem to be unique compared
| to many KDE, Gnome and XFCE distros...
`----

http://repasik.com/home/2009/05/07/7-e17-distributions/

E17 now available in Entropy

,----[ Quote ]
| Now e17 is installed and you can enjoy it by selecting "enlightenment" from
| the sessions menu in the login screen.
`----

http://joostruis.blogspot.com/2009/04/e17-now-available-in-entropy.html

8 Beautiful Themes For Enlightenment WM

,----[ Quote ]
| Enlightenment is perhaps the least known and the oldest Windows manager still
| being actively developed. KDE and Gnome (Desktop Environments) made their
| first release few years after Enlightenment had its first release way back in
| 1996. Enlightenment features an iconbar, which the “Dock” of  OS X is based
| on, and is quite different from the traditional WM and DE that we are used
| to. The current version, E17, has been in development since 2000 with slow
| update cycles and perhaps one of the reason why it is not as widely adopted
| as other WM and DE out there. Earlier version of gOS was based on E16-17
| (they moved to gnome). Elive, OpenGEU and Maryan Linux are three distribution
| that has Enlightenment installed by default.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2009/02/23/8-beautiful-themes-for-enlightenment-wm/

Special dev version 1.9.22-based with Compiz released

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/elive-development-1.9.22-compiz-released