[News] Poor Windows Can't Do Online Banking, GNU/Linux Sure Can

Linux Picks Up Where Windows FAIL!

,----[ Quote ]
| So; knowing that, we tried it on my installation of Fedora and I tried it
| with Epiphany and Firefox and BoYAH! We’re in! Just one more reason to switch
| from Windows to Linux. Linux can get you into online banking.
`----

http://www.fergytech.com/2009/06/linux-picks-up-where-windows-fail/

Banks should be smart enough to block Windows and IE. It's how accounts get
compromised.

Related:

UK banking fraud losses rise to £301.7m

,----[ Quote ]
| UK banking losses due to fraud in the first half of 2008 hit £301.7m compared
| to £263.6m in the same period last year, according to the latest figures from
| UK banking association APACS.
|
| Fraud abroad made up 40 per cent of total card fraud losses reaching £121.2m
| in the period, up 11 per cent of the £108.8m lost last year. That loss was
| through tactics such as the use of counterfeit plastic cards with stolen PINs
| on machines overseas that only check magnetic strips, not chips.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/01/uk_banking_fraud_soars/

Online banking fraud 'up 8,000%'

,----[ Quote ]