[News] ASUS: Linux is Better Than Windows (on Sub-notebooks)

Eee PC running Android seen at Computex

,----[ Quote ]
| An ASUS Eee PC prototype with a Snapdragon chip-set and running the open
| source Android operating system has been sighted at Computex Taipei, the
| Taiwan trade show. Qualcomm refers to designs using the ARM based Snapdragon
| chip-set as 'smartbooks' and expects to see Snapdragon based smartbook
| devices available in Autumn 2009. The chip-set/smartbook specification lists
| 3G connectivity, Wi-Fi, 3D graphics, Bluetooth and GPS among its defining
| features.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Eee-PC-running-Android-seen-at-Computex--/news/113422

So they took some marketing money from Microsoft to smear Linux and it's back
to Linux.

Is Windows killing the Netbook?

,----[ Quote ]
| The biggest help for the true netbooks however will come from ARM and Linux.
`----

http://www.tech-no-media.com/2009/06/is-windows-killing-netbook.html

Poor Microsoft. All those marketing bribes have their earnings fall 32%.

Recent:

Ballmer: GNU/Linux Will Win on Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| I think this is a very frank analysis of the problem for Microsoft: after
| all, who's going to pay extra money just to get the Windows logo on a
| netbook, when they can get the same features for less with free software...?
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/03/ballmer-gnulinux-will-win-on-netbooks.html

One Third of Dell Inspiron Mini 9s Sold Run Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/one-third-of-dell-inspiron-mini-9s-sold-run-linux