[News] Red Hat Sidles with #1 Computer Language (Java)

Red Hat Gives Java Developers Choice

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has expanded its offerings to give customers value, choice and
| flexibility with its set of new Java application platform products.
|
| In a dueling press conference, which was held at the same time as Sun
| Microsystems' keynote during its CommunityOne event just down the street at
| the Moscone Center here, Red Hat announced the expansion of its application
| server offerings to include workload specific solutions designed to provide
| increased flexibility and choice for enterprise customers. Red Hat held its
| event at the Marriott in downtown San Francisco, while Sun kicked off its
| day-long JavaOne preview event only steps away.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Red-Hat-Gives-Java-Developers-Choice-179191/?kc=rss

Red Hat Drives Future Use of Java For The Enterprise With JBoss Open Choice
Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions,
| today announced the JBoss Open Choice application platform strategy which
| aims to provide a single environment for deploying a variety of programming
| models with a common platform, making it easier to develop and deploy
| applications.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090601005269&newsLang=en

Recent:

Sun hopes to cash in on Java install base with new app store

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz says the company will launch an application store
| for Java software. Sun hopes to cash in on its large Java install base by
| making the store accessible through the Java update system, but it needs to
| attract more popular software first.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/05/sun-hopes-to-cash-in-on-java-install-base-with-new-app-store.ars

Study: Java still top programming language

,----[ Quote ]
| Java has its detractors, but according to a recent reading of the Tiobe
| Programming Community Index, it's still the dominant programming language,
| with little change in its overall popularity since August 2007. Runners up?
| C, (Visual) Basic, C++, and PHP.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10009669-16.html

Java and Linux on the Android - Almost the Perfect Match?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://steamingopencup.blogspot.com/2008/10/java-and-linux-on-android-almost.html