[News] Reviews of Opposite Ubuntu Derivatives: Totally Free Versus Non-Free

Free as Free Can Be--gNewSense Linux 2.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has, in some ways, always been a bit politicized in the sense that
| there are true believers among Linux users and developers that all software
| should be truly free. When I say free, I mean free as in free to use and
| share with others without any restrictions on that usage or sharing.
| gNewSense Linux is a distribution that is strongly devoted to those ideals.

Mint 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Jaunty was released around 2 months ago now, and the Linux Mint team
| have been busy coding their version based upon it.
|
| In my opinion, Linux Mint has always been a great distro, taking the
| excellent points of Ubuntu, and removing some of the bad points, such as the
| lack of multimedia plugins, and replacing the warm brown with a cool crisp
| green (actually I like the brown, but many do not)
`----

http://blog.jjtcomputing.co.uk/2009/06/01/linux-mint-7/

Recent:

The Freedom Maintainers Rocking Ahead

,----[ Quote ]
| How far, then, has gNewSense come? According to Paul’s message, one of the
| main goals of the project was to prove two points:
|
|    1. That Free software works
|    2. That non-free software “can bite you hard and should not be run”
`----

http://www.siltala.net/2009/05/10/the-freedom-maintainers-rocking-ahead/

gNewSense 2.2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| This release features the return of 3D acceleration -- as free software.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/gnewsense-2.2-released

Enter gNewSense - the free Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]