[News] Writers Say F*** "IP", Encourage Legal Sharing via Torrent

The Cyclopedia of New Zealand is now online for sharing

,----[ Quote ]
| The New Zealand Electronic Text Centre has just published the final volume of
| The Cyclopedia of New Zealand, making the full six-volume work available
| under a BY-SA NZ licence.
`----

http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/news_and_events/news/the_cyclopedia_of_new_zealand_is_now_online_for_sharing

Torrent Sharing Comes to Facebook: Will the RIAA Step In?

,----[ Quote ]
| Soon you may be seeing links to download copies of Star Wars or the newest
| Britney Spears album pop up your Facebook news feed. This is because The
| Pirate Bay, one of the world’s most popular websites for file sharing and
| torrents, now allows you to share links to download these files right from
| your FacebookFacebook reviewsFacebook reviews profile.
`----

http://mashable.com/2009/03/29/torrents-facebook/

Sharing is good. It's ethical. Not everything is copyrighted.

Recent:

SXSW 2009 on BitTorrent: 6 GB of Free Music

,----[ Quote ]
| The South by Southwest (SXSW) music festival is one of the largest and most
| popular in the United States. For the fifth year in a row, SXSW has released
| a DRM-free, RIAA-safe collection of songs totaling 6 GB, which can all be
| downloaded for free, thanks to BitTorrent.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/sxsw-2009-on-bittorrent-6-gb-of-free-music-090312/

Pro-filesharing Swedish party hopes for seat in Brussels

,----[ Quote ]
| The party was formed in Sweden in 2006 following the introduction of a
| controversial new law that forbade the downloading of copyrighted material
| from the internet. However, it doesn’t currently have a seat in the Riksdag
| (Swedish parliament) as the SPP was conceived after the last national
| election.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/13/swedish_pirate_party_european_parliament/

EU Invests $22 Million in Next-Generation BitTorrent Client

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/eu-invests-22-million-in-next-generation-bittorrent-client/