Re: [News] Asus Eee Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux Shipped for $180

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> A refurbished Asus Eee PC netbook for $180 shipped
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | As you might expect given that impulse-buy price, this model is pretty
> | bare-bones: 512MB of RAM, a 4GB solid-state drive, and a Linux operating
> | system.
> `----
>
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10204848-58.html

Bargain!

Same as mine, tho I have 1GB ram and a slower 12GB SSD in addition to the
faster 4GB SSD.

4GB of SSD is plenty for a lightweight, wifi enabled Linux netbook,
as is 512MB ram. The LCD is 1024x700 with a Intel video chipset which it
100% Linux friendly.

Compare it to my $200 Palm Pilot, no wifi, 8MB ram, 16Mhz cpu with a b&w lcd
screen!

The EeePC900 has a 900Mhz Mobile Celeron, fast enuf to play movies, decode
mp3s, and run Open Office, Gimp, FwBuilder etc.

I really recommend this unit, its solid, and well built, tho not as pretty
as the Acer Aspire One, it's 100% functional.

Mine is one of my most useful tools.

And easy to add more ram and a mini pci SSD if you must, tho you'll probably
never need it.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008