[News] Google Improves Python, Adds Java Programming to Application Server

Google searches for holy grail of Python performance

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's Python engineers have launched a new project called Unladen Swallow
| that seeks to improve the performance of the Python programming language. One
| of the project's goals is to replace the Python virtual machine with an
| LLVM-based JIT.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/03/google-launches-project-to-boost-python-performance-by-5x.ars

Java: Coming Soon to Google’s App Engine

,----[ Quote ]
| Google will soon announce comprehensive support for the Java programming
| language on its Google App Engine (GAE) offering. We are trying to get more
| details. Rumors of such a development emerged last year, but we can now
| confirm that it is going to happen. We have have confirmed the news and
| expect the announcement later this spring, perhaps at the much-vaunted Google
| I/O event on May 27-28th at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. A Google
| spokesperson declined to comment.
`----

http://gigaom.com/2009/03/26/java-coming-soon-to-googles-app-engine/

Recent:

Google Jumps Head First Into Web Services With Google App Engine

,----[ Quote ]
| One current limitation is a requirement that applications be written in
| Python, a popular scripting language for building modern web apps (Ruby and
| PHP are among others widely used). Google says that Python is just the first
| supported language, and that the entire infrastructure is designed to be
| language neutral.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/07/google-jumps-head-first-into-web-services-with-google-app-engine/

Python Fans Take Aim at the Enterprise