[News] Red Hat Amazes with Leap of 17% (!!)

RIM, Red Hat Send Tech Stocks Soaring

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat fared even better, soaring 17% on better than expected earnings, and
| Best Buy surged 12.6% after its quarterly results and outlook both topped
| forecasts.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3812381/RIM+Red+Hat+Send+Tech+Stocks+Soaring.htm

Nasdaq erases 2009 losses, turns positive for year

,----[ Quote ]
| Leading the tech charge was Red Hat Inc. Shares of the open-source software
| company soared 17.3% after it reported better-than-expected sales.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/red-hat-research-motion-google/story.aspx?guid={D002A243-BB25-4CE0-B148-8E3C68AB3B55}&dist=msr_1

Economy down, Red Hat and open source up

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat had an impressive quarter, particularly considering current economic
| conditions, and the company’s CEO spent much of the week talking about the
| good times for Red Hat and open source, largely as a result of bad times in
| the economy, although Whitehurst also sees improvement.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2009/03/26/economy-down-red-hat-and-open-source-up/

Citi Fuels Red Hat Takeover Talk

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat’s shares soared 17.3%, or $2.60, to $17.60 at the close on Thursday.
| Its shares have jumped 33.4% since the beginning of the year.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/26/red-hat-linux-markets-equity-technology.html

Recent:

SmarTrend® News Watch: Red Hat Beats By 2 Cents

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat (NYSE:RHT) reported earnings of 22 cents per share, ex-items, beating
| analysts' estimates for 20 cents per share.
`----

http://www.mysmartrend.com/briefs.asp?nwdate=20090325&story=39

Red Hat returns to the Linux desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Does this mean that Red Hat will be getting back into the Linux desktop
| business? That's the question I posed to Red Hat CTO Brian Stevens, in a
| phone call after the Red Hat/KVM press conference, and he told me that, "Yes.
| Red Hat will indeed be pushing the Linux desktop again."
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/red_hat_returns_to_the_linux_desktop

Red Hat Fedora Claims It's the Leader in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3786726/Red+Hat+Fedora+Claims+Its+the+Leader+in+Linux.htm