[News] [Rival] Windows is No Longer Free (Gratis) -- Microsoft Milks Users

Microsoft updates WGA

,----[ Quote ]
| SOFTWARE GIANT MICROSOFT is updating Windows XP anti-piracy technology to
| detect illegal copies installed with stolen or faked product keys, or with
| new activation cracks.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/537/1051537/microsoft-updates-wga

Microsoft is desperate for cash.

Recent:

Microsoft accused of hacking in piracy clampdown

,----[ Quote ]
| Across China thousands of computer screens are turning dark. The reason is a
| piece of software from a US firm.
|
| Software giant Microsoft is deactivating unauthorised copies of its Windows
| operating system, in a nation where 82% of all software is pirated – even if
| many end users do not know it.
`----

http://technology.newscientist.com/channel/tech/electronic-threats/dn15009-microsoft-accused-of-hacking-in-piracy-clampdown.html

Chinese fume at Microsoft anti-piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| China's vocal bloggers seemed stunned that their computers seemed to have
| phoned Microsoft for the anti-piracy tool without asking.
|
| "The computer is mine", one angry blogger penned, "Microsoft has no right to
| control my hardware without my agreement", the poor fool thought.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/22/chinese-fume-microsoft-anti

Microsoft sued in China for black screen of death

,----[ Quote ]
| A Chinese lawyer has filed a legal complaint against Microsoft for installing
| Windows Genuine Advantage on his computer. He has asked the Ministry of
| Public Security to file criminal charges against Microsoft.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/10/22/china_fury_microsoft_wga/

Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html