Re: [News] OpenOffice.org Already Downloaded More Than 50,000,000 Times

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> 50 million
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Five months (163 days) since release, and OpenOffice.org 3.0 yesterday
> | clocked up its 50 millionth download via http://download.openoffice.org.
> | OK, we know there are many good reasons why OpenOffice.org should be on
> | everyone?s desktop, but thi is still an extraordinary achievement.
> `----
>
> http://www.mealldubh.org/index.php/2009/03/26/50-million/
>
> The download pace DOUBLED!

That's 50 million users who won't be saving in a restricted, proprietary
*.doc or *.docx format.

50 Million users documents that will forever be readable.

50 million $700 payments *not* going to Microsoft.

35 BILLION DOLLARS!!!

$35,000,000,000 ....

That's a big hit in the bribery and graft, anti Linux corruption fund
department.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008