[News] Reasons to Embrace OpenOffice.org 3.0

THREE reasons to upgrade to openoffice.org3

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're still using openoffice.org 2.X... oh, waitaminute, you don't know
| what openoffice.org is? It's a free (free as in "free beer" and also free as
| in freedom!) office suite: writer for letters, theses, etc (think "Word");
| impress for presentations (think "powerpoint®"); calc for spreadsheets
| (think "Excel®" or "1-2-3®"); draw for, uh, drawings...
`----

http://collinpark.blogspot.com/2009/03/three-reasons-to-upgrade-to.html

Writer's Tools extension for OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Writer’s Tools is a set of utilities designed to help OpenOffice.org users
| perform a wide range of tasks. Using Writer’s Tools, you can back up
| documents, look up and translate words and phrases, manage text snippets, and
| keep tabs on document statistics.
`----

http://www.linuxbeacon.com/doku.php/writertools

Recent:

Countdown to 50 million

,----[ Quote ]
| Those of you who keep an eye on the OpenOffice.org downloads counter on the
| Marketing Planet will have noticed it creeping towards the 50 million mark
| (my guess is that it will reach the magic number early in the week beginning
| 23rd March). This is an extraordinary number of downloads since
| OpenOffice.org 3.0 was launched last October - and it only measures one of
| the channels from which users obtain OpenOffice.org (see the FAQ for more
| details).
`----

http://www.mealldubh.org/index.php/2009/03/14/countdown-to-50-million/

Technology Adoption (2 of 4)