[News] UK's MAFIAA Equivalent Goes Morally Bankrupt and London Starts Curfews

UK Recording Industry: Investigate Google For Not Giving Us Money

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, what he really means is that he's finally realizing that Google
| actually has the leverage in this fight. They have the value that musicians
| want: a platform to gain tremendous amounts of attention, that many musicians
| are using to successfully build an audience. That's the value. Google doesn't
| need those music videos to make money, so it's fine without them. But,
| musicians sure could use the boost that YouTube gives them.

London imposes de-facto 9PM curfew on under-16s

,----[ Quote ]
| London cops have been given the power to "disperse" anyone under 16, gathered
| in groups of two or more, from almost all of central London, after 9PM. The
| police don't have to see the kids doing anything wrong, they only have to
| believe "the presence or behaviour of a group of two or more persons in any
| public place in the relevant locality has resulted, or is likely to result,
| in any members of the public being intimidated, harassed, alarmed or
| distressed."
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/03/21/london-imposes-defac.html

WTF?

Recent:

French Recording Industry Sues SourceForge For Hosting Open Source P2P

,----[ Quote ]
| It would appear that Société civile des Producteurs de Phonogrammes en France
| (SPPF), a group that represents French record labels, is now trying to sue a
| bunch of non-French file sharing applications, as well as SourceForge.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20081114/1457012833.shtml

Network Civilization: Peer-to-Peer and the Rise of Green Capitalism

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://freeknowledge.eu/events/lecture_P2P_Social_Production_Michel_Bauwens