Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 21st of March, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 21st of March, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:00:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 715 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     310 1149683     1%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        83   86633    56%
   3. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            52   69437    55%
   4. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         44   29989    10%
   5. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        25   35557    30%
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    24   10226    47%
   7. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      20   24762    78%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       20   25256    68%
   9. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     11   13267    71%
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                         11   12196    66%
  11. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   10   11673    42%
  12. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               8   18384    89%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            8   20344    84%
  14. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                7    1695    44%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7    5968    71%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>            7    9461    38%
  17. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        6    4496    71%
      Timo Pirinen <pirisisi@xxxxxx>                     6    3706    44%
      ml2mst <ml2mstREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                6    7052    51%
  20. jebblue <n@xxxxx>                                  5    3570    59%
  21. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                          4   13090    11%
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4    1272    57%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            4    3552    51%
      Erik Jan <Erik@xxxxxxxxx>                          4    9071    74%
  25. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                3   17800    13%
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                               3    4899    59%
      Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               3    2896    19%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               3    7005    16%
  29. Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>              2    1443    59%
      bb <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                         2    1250    29%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Not all Linux apps are *available* for Windows           81  103645
   2. PCLinuxOS: the non-review                                42   52559
   3. OLPC Moves to ARM. Farewell, Windows XP?                 18   29130
   4. Asus EeePC 900 for $179 (refurbished)                    15   15659
   5. I am flabbergasted                                       12   22675
      Impressed with WINE!                                     12   10780
      memory assignment in Wine                                12   13660
      Apology To Richard Rasker.                               12   14466
      COLA Trolls                                              12   10430
  10. interesting public relations manual ..                   11   15214
  11. Noise-free COLA surfing...                                9    3614
      Weird PDF problem                                         9    9620
  13. [News] OpenOffice.org Gets a Lot Faster in Next Ve        8    6015
      Vista Capable program irrelevant ..                       8    6118
  15. [News] Preview of Adobe Reader for GNU/Linux, Raci        7    4418
      yet more VAPOURW~1 from Microsoft ..                      7    4595
  17. [News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Cloud' Down for an ENTIR        6    5175
  18. Windows more secure for ATMs than Linux ..                5   10105
      Linux gaming news                                         5    3637
      Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 14th of March,        5   13901
  21. BBC and the W botnet ..                                   4    2760
      [News] Linux 2.6.29 Out Very Shortly -- Here's Wha        4    4037
      [חדשות] גרסט חדשה ללינוקס PCLi        4    5853
      Windows vs Linux - hardware install                       4    3403
      [News] Microsoft to End up Like SCO, Patents to Lo        4    4707
      Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..          4    7475
      [News] Microsoft Sued.... by TomTom!                      4   11482
      the consequences of leaving your companies fate in        4    2531
      Microsoft Open Source content management platform         4    3196
      [News] Linux powered Acer Aspire One Continues to         4   13915
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       36
   2. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           19
   3. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     17
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     13
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        13
   6. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      10
   7. ml2mst <ml2mstREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               8
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    5
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               5
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       5
  11. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                         4
  14. Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                             3
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        3
      Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              3
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           3
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          3
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           3
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     3
  21. Erik Jan <Erik@xxxxxxxxx>                                         2
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              2
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                                              2
  24. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         1
      Timo Pirinen <pirisisi@xxxxxx>                                    1
      bb <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                        1
      RonB <ronb02@xxxxxxxxx>                                           1
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      1
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    148
   2. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        75
      ml2mst <ml2mstREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              75
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       73
   5. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       72
   6. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           69
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   68
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          66
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          66
  10. Timo Pirinen <pirisisi@xxxxxx>                                   65
  11. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              64
  12. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      60
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                        60
  14. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    59
  15. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         58
  16. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     57
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      57
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          56
  19. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             54
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           412
   2. slrn                                                            131
   3. Thunderbird                                                      45
   4. BlackBerry                                                       44
   5. Pan                                                              35
   6. Forte Agent                                                      22
   7. G2/1.0                                                            9
   8. 40tude_Dialog                                                     4
      XPN                                                               4
      tin                                                               4
  11. Xnews                                                             1
      Xerox 820-II, Digital Research CP/M-80, ASCOM 0.9                 1
      ProNews/2                                                         1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 09:00:28 up 135 days, 16:43,  4 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.13, 0.04