Re: [News] How Ubuntu is Beneficial to GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Is Ubuntu good for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is the face of GNU/Linux for many non-techies.
|
| While there is no question that Ubuntu has brought some high-powered | marketing to the table for GNU/Linux, I've heard many discussions recently | about Ubuntu actually hurting Linux and the Linux community. | | I ask the question, "Is Ubuntu good for Linux?" Of course, this depends | largely on your definition of what being "good" for Linux means. `----

http://johnwoconnor.blogspot.com/2009/03/is-ubuntu-good-for-linux.html

Same link:
(((((
Conclusion
Hopefully this provides some insight into the issues surrounding Ubuntu and it's relationship to the Linux community. I personally use Ubuntu exclusively, and have enjoyed the perks and suffered through the failures. I enjoy using the distribution, and will continue to advocate its use in converting the masses to Linux.
)))))