[News] GNU/Linux and AGPL Software Running One's Portable O/S

Install An Open-Source Cloud Operating System On Your Server

,----[ Quote ]
| In this article we’re going to take a look at another great cloud operating
| system, EyeOS. EyeOS differentiates itself from other solutions, such as
| Cloudo, by being licensed under AGPLv3. You can install EyeOS on your own
| server as easily as you would install Wordpress. This eliminates many issues,
| as we’ll prove by the end of the article.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/install-an-open-source-cloud-operating-system-on-your-server/

Recent:

The eyeOS: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The eyeOS has been making ripples among enthusiasts of “cloud” computing. It
| intends to serve as an Operating System which can be accessed anywhere
| through a web browser. One just has to install the eyeOS on to one's web
| server or use the web hosting solution provided by the vendors themselves. On
| top of that, it is one of the first open source offerings on the cloud
| (Google, even though running on open source components, is in itself
| proprietary).
`----

http://freewebsoftwarereviews.blogspot.com/2008/02/eyeos-review.html

Related:

eyeOS

,----[ Quote ]
| In episode 2x14 of The Bad Apples Linux Cast, I talked about all manners of
| portable operating systems, including web-based, shell accounts, and usb
| drive OS's. One of the web-based systems was eyeOS (eyeos.info for demo) and
| I remember being impressed and intrigued but a little underwhelmed by
| performance.
|
| Enter threethirty, a fellow host of Linux Cranks and an all-around
| adventurous guy. One weekend he decides to learn how to set up a server, and
| then all week long he's loading up all kinds of insanely cool web services
| for everyone to fool around with. He put opengoo (online office suite) on his
| server, and then eyeOS.
`----

http://www.binrev.com/forums/blog/xklaatux/index.php?s=a5bcf67c4c75709171d60bdc7c31e52d

The Office Revolution, in eyeOS 1.3

,----[ Quote ]
| This will be possible thanks to some hard work on the great OpenOffice
| platform, that will provide, in the server where eyeOS is installed,
| conversions between lots of formats to the eyeOS native ones trought some
| macros that will connect eyeOS with OpenOffice framework.
`----

http://blog.eyeos.org/2007/12/17/the-office-revolution-in-eyeos-13/

What is eyeOS?

,----[ Quote ]