[News] Visual Overhaul in Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.04

Ubuntu 9.04's New Boot Splash

,----[ Quote ]
| After the new themes introduced yesterday, Canonical decided to update the
| boot splash screen (USplash) theme with a very nice one. As you can see in
| the image below, the logo is the same as it was in Ubuntu 8.10, but it's
| smaller and the loading bar was replaced with a thinner and nicer one (see
| the video below for more details). Softpedia is once again the first website
| to offer you a preview of the new artwork, which will probably be present in
| the final release of Ubuntu 9.04.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-039-s-New-Boot-Splash-107165.shtml

One Last Hurrah For USplash: A New Theme

,----[ Quote ]
| Pushed into the Jaunty repository this morning for Ubuntu 9.04 was a new
| theme for USplash. This Canonical project for providing a splash screen at
| boot-up on Ubuntu is being replaced by Plymouth with Ubuntu 9.10 (the Karmic
| Koala release), but there is a new Ubuntu theme as one last hurrah. This new
| USplash theme has a fixed-size Ubuntu logo centered in the middle of the
| display and a new progress bar. From our feelings at least, this new theme
| looks more professional than its predecessor, but it's not exactly a complete
| overhaul. Below is a video of this newly-pushed theme.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE1MQ

Ubuntu 9.04 Has a Brand New Wallpaper

,----[ Quote ]
| After the new login screen, new themes and the new boot splash theme
| introduced the other day, Canonical finally updated the old Ubuntu 8.10
| (Intrepid Ibex) wallpaper with a brand new one. As you can see in the image
| below, there's no more logo as everyone expected... instead, the wallpaper is
| slick, simple and stylish. Softpedia is once again the first website to offer
| you a preview of the new artwork, which will probably be present in the final
| release of Ubuntu 9.04.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-Has-a-Brand-New-Wallpaper-107194.shtml

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.10 is Karmic Koala, and it will not be brown!

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux founder Mark Shuttleworth recently announced that the next
| version after "Jaunty Jackalope" is codenamed "Karmic Koala". This ended some
| humorous speculations that Ubuntu 9.10 will be called Kinky Kangaroo.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/02/ubuntu-910-is-karmic-koala-and-it-will.html

Related:

Universal Writ