[News] Free (Libre) Content Management Systems Vie for Dominance and Take Over Newspapers

  • Subject: [News] Free (Libre) Content Management Systems Vie for Dominance and Take Over Newspapers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:20:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

#CMSShowdown: Ultimate Showdown of Content Management Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Today marked the day of the very first “Ultimate Showdown of Content
| Management Systems” which occurred at South by Southwest Interactive. This
| event was an attempt to pit open source content management systems against
| each other in an effort to determine which one was the greatest. With a
| presentation style reminiscent of Iron Chef, the popular Cooking television
| show.. Open Source CMS leaders Joomla, WordPress and Drupal were pitted
| against one another.
`----

http://cmscritic.com/cmsshowdown-ultimate-showdown-of-content-management-systems

Newspapers Going Online-Only Should Look at FOSS Content Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Nobody at OStatic has ever needed outside support for Drupal, which we run
| on, and many other sites, such as Fast Company and The Onion, do fine with
| Drupal. (We've provided many free Drupal resources here.) It's hardly the
| only open source content management choice, though. For newspapers and other
| people considering an open source content management platform, OpenSourceCMS
| remains an excellent way to take the reins of several different free CMS
| systems. The site allows you to try Drupal, Joomla, WordPress and many other
| platforms, and you can spend hours functioning as site administrator,
| watching video tutorials and more. I expect to see a lot of newspapers moving
| to these platforms in the coming years, as they make more and more economic
| and publishing sense.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/newspapers-going-online-only-should-look-at-foss-content-management

Yesterday:

Seattle P-I to publish last edition Tuesday

,----[ Quote ]
| The Seattle Post-Intelligencer will roll off the presses for the last time
| Tuesday.
`----

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/403793_piclosure17.html

Seattle P-I Goes Online-Only Tomorrow